The Fourth Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A point of collaboration for players and GM's from games held on /tg/.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of the lands of magic.

Go down 
+7
TheMachineHerald
Drevos
Bronzehammer
kilbert
EchoWinds
Valtis
Caementum
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
EchoWinds
Serf

Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Drevos wrote:

anyway. I'm vetoing the Kermal being the focus of magic thing. We'll force all the magic into a single focus in the middle of the magic lands. Then we'll expand outward.

well we can use my forest for that, or you can make your own, regardless I'm making some magic generating trees. (hopefully >_>)
Back to top Go down
EchoWinds
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Drevos wrote:
EchoWinds wrote:
Drevos wrote:
EchoWinds wrote:
anddd the thread died lol

nice... wonder if he'll notice before he tries to update...

did it get archived?

No idea but i can save it to my computer if that will help?

I meant to sup/tg/ >.>

maybe there's a way i can upload it to sup/tg/?
Back to top Go down
Caementum
Peasant
Caementum

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:11 pm

That's a positive on archive, i can't post link cause new member limitations.
Back to top Go down
Valtis
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:15 pm

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/21326630/
Back to top Go down
Caementum
Peasant
Caementum

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:16 pm

How about we all work together to build an arcane city and have that be the focal point.
Back to top Go down
Valtis
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Sure why not.
Back to top Go down
EchoWinds
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Caementum wrote:
How about we all work together to build an arcane city and have that be the focal point.

That sounds interesting!
Back to top Go down
kilbert
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Nah. I'm thinking more a network of spires that act like magical telephone poles--or even just maker every mortal city independently develop a way to make large quantities magic more readily available to them.
Back to top Go down
TheMachineHerald
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:23 pm

I vote that we call the main arcane focus the Hex Core. Also, I'd be totally willing to mold the flowmetal sea into the city
Back to top Go down
Caementum
Peasant
Caementum

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Should we make "districts" each focusing on magic the way we see it, or try to merge it all together as seamlessly as possible?
Back to top Go down
Caementum
Peasant
Caementum

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:25 pm

kilbert wrote:
Nah. I'm thinking more a network of spires that act like magical telephone poles--or even just maker every mortal city independently develop a way to make large quantities magic more readily available to them.

Why not both?
Back to top Go down
TheMachineHerald
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Caementum wrote:
Should we make "districts" each focusing on magic the way we see it, or try to merge it all together as seamlessly as possible?

I dont see the two options as mutually exclusive. The "magic" I'd focus on would be more along the lines of technomancy, which would relate well to any other magic focus that was based on logic and scientific methods.
Back to top Go down
Caementum
Peasant
Caementum

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:27 pm

TheMachineHerald wrote:
I vote that we call the main arcane focus the Hex Core. Also, I'd be totally willing to mold the flowmetal sea into the city

lol my thoughts about kermal exctally, probally a mixture, plus other things (like fertile dirt for EchoWinds)
Back to top Go down
kilbert
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Oh god, I think we just turned the Lo into myrs.

I am totally okay with this.

Anyway, I think that forming one major crux of magic might backfire in a major way with bad rolls--we might end up with another rift.
Back to top Go down
TheMachineHerald
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:46 pm

kilbert wrote:

Anyway, I think that forming one major crux of magic might backfire in a major way with bad rolls--we might end up with another rift.

That's true, but if we have like 4-5 of us all adding our rolls, we shouldnt fuck up too hard... he said shortly before the planet exploded...
Back to top Go down
EchoWinds
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:06 am

TheMachineHerald wrote:
kilbert wrote:

That's true, but if we have like 4-5 of us all adding our rolls, we shouldnt fuck up too hard... he said shortly before the planet exploded...

leaving me and my 'moon' confused as to what happened
Back to top Go down
Drevos
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:15 am

Hex Core sounds good. Or just "The Focus" whatever.

Anyway, arcane city sounds fun. Let's put the sucker up in the middle of the magic lands. We want it as far away from the Sren as possible Razz
Back to top Go down
Angrydorf
Admin
Angrydorf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:01 am

So many posts. You guys sure do like to plan, donncha'?
Back to top Go down
https://fourthhaven.forumotion.com
Caementum
Peasant
Caementum

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:37 am

So I will give Devos almost all of his meteorites backs and keep enough for study, then you guys can start growing it and magic in genral in the area. I will build up my keriders so they can forge and study things, then turn some meteorite into metal, mix it with kermal, and flowmetal, study it's properties. We then move the Kermal to the north; fill it with meteorite and flowmetal, then shape it to our liking. I will make more devices that turn magma heat into magic to power my keriders, so have some magma flow in a part of the underground is a design choice of mine.
Back to top Go down
EchoWinds
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:38 am

Angrydorf wrote:
So many posts. You guys sure do like to plan, donncha'?

well we like to play too but irl trumps gaming every time : )

whens the next thread?
Back to top Go down
ardarvia
Peasant
ardarvia

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:55 pm

I kind of like the idea that each tribe has it's own type of magic. But we can learn from other tribes. On the topic of a magic city, how about we make it the place where the tribes meet for political debates?

If my angels end up working then I think they would have magic centred around the use of light and shadows.
Back to top Go down
Caementum
Peasant
Caementum

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:42 pm

The Lo could find the magically inclined in the world and see if they want to study here. So how does a mixture of kermal, atreroid metal, and flowmetal being the majorit of the city sounding, with echo's asteroid being place with in it.

Sources of magic will be:
Echo's trees
My artifacts that turn magma heat into magic
Devo's crystals
Back to top Go down
Hokoth
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:56 am

Valtis wrote:
I am focusing on creating new things.
I am also planning on making Edora a bigger place.
Speaking of, I just realized that Edora seems to be a very tiny planet.
Also, bring magic into this planet will attract demons, since demons are made of magic.
So I propose a solution that will make Edora bigger and have more magic: lets make more planes from which our mages can channel their magic.
Back to top Go down
Angrydorf
Admin
Angrydorf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:56 am

It would seem nearly everyone has taken the form of a human, or at least the outline of one. Might I remind all of you that humans donot exist on Edora, so all sentient races that look upon you can't identify you as anything they know about.
Back to top Go down
https://fourthhaven.forumotion.com
Zaerinth
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:03 pm

The demons, having half-humans among their number, would recognize them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of the lands of magic.   Of the lands of magic. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Of the lands of magic.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fourth Haven :: The God Game :: Player Discussion-
Jump to: